Expert Water Heater Service in McHenry, Skokie, Crystal Lake, Waukegan & Beyond
A malfunctioning water heater can be a major inconvenience for any household, especially with today’s busy schedules. When you need fast, professional water heater repair services in McHenry, Skokie, or the surrounding areas, choose Black Diamond Plumbing & Mechanical. Since 1999, we have been providing top-quality heating, air conditioning, plumbing, and electrical services throughout the Chicago suburbs. Our company is dedicated to your comfort, and we are available 24/7 for help anytime you need it.
Do you have a broken water heater in your Crystal Lake-area home? Call us today at (866) 350-4793 or contact us online for expert water heater repair.
Signs You Need Water Heater Repair
A hot water heater can break down without warning, but typically there will be indications of a problem beforehand. Call our team at Black Diamond Plumbing & Mechanical for water heater repair when you notice any of the following symptoms:
- Lukewarm or cool water
- Water that is too hot
- Inadequate hot water supply
- Reduced pressure
- Rust-colored water or stains in fixtures
- Mineral accumulation or lime scale
- Unusual odors or sounds
- Leaks from the temperature and pressure relief valve
- Leaks from the storage tank
- Ignition or combustion problems on a gas water heater
- Reduced pressure or flow on a tankless water heater
- Tripped breakers on an electric water heater
Contact us today for water heater troubleshooting in the McHenry area.
Common Water Heater Repairs in Chicagoland
Water heater repairs can come in many shapes and sizes. The Black Diamond team is trained to find and repair all types of water heater concerns, and to provide advice about replacement if repair isn’t the right solution. Some common things that our technicians see include:
- Gas valve replacement – The gas valve on the water heater allows the pilot light to ignite. It also controls the burner when the thermocouple has heated. If it’s not working properly, the water won’t heat.
- Heating element replacement – The heating element inside your water tank can break, leading to a slow cooling of the water. If you have noticed the water gradually getting cooler and cooler, then suddenly becoming cold, it may be due to the heating element. Replacing the heating element will get things back up and running.
- Thermocouple replacement – If the flame on your water heater lights, but it goes out if you let go of the gas control knob, you may have a thermocouple that’s not working. Replacing the thermocouple will help you get your water heater working again.
- Igniter replacement – Power vented water heaters may have an igniter. When the burner is on, the igniter should glow hot. Over time it will wear out or suffer damage. If it is not glowing, then you may need to have it replaced. Also, the igniter can get misaligned, causing it to not heat up, in which case it simply needs to be re-aligned. A professional plumber can help you diagnose and repair igniter problems.
These are just a few of the repairs available for a water heater. If you are suffering from cold water, the Black Diamond team is standing by to help.
Call Black Diamond at (866) 350-4793 to schedule water heater repair in McHenry or the rest of Chicagoland. You can also contact us online to learn more about our water heater repair services.
Water Heater Repair in McHenry & Skokie, IL
At Black Diamond Plumbing & Mechanical we offer water heater repair throughout the Chicago suburbs, as well as 24-hour emergency service. Our expert plumbers work on all brands and models, including:
- Gas water heaters
- Electric water heaters
- Heat pump or hybrid water heaters
- Tankless water heaters
We also offer preventative maintenance to extend the life of your water heater and save energy, plus complete water heater replacement services for systems that have failed completely.
Why Choose Black Diamond for Water Heater Repair?
At Black Diamond Plumbing & Mechanical, we are proud to serve the McHenry area, and our company features:
- Licensed, professional plumbers
- Top-quality workmanship
- Over 20 years of experience
- 24-hour emergency service
Call (866) 350-4793 or contact us online to schedule water heater repairs today!