Expert Water Heater Repair, Installation & Maintenance in the Chicagoland Area
Local Water Heater Services
Black Diamond Plumbing & Mechanical recognizes the crucial role that water heaters play in maintaining a comfortable and functional household. We offer top-notch installation and maintenance for gas and electric traditional (tank) water heaters and tankless systems, including models from industry leaders like Bradford White and Navien.
Since 1999, Black Diamond has been the premier plumber in McHenry, Crystal Lake, and surrounding areas. You can rely on us for prompt service, from water heater installation and maintenance to repair and replacement.
Signs You Need Water Heater Repair
Our McHenry plumbers can swiftly diagnose and repair a wide range of water heater issues. We offer timely and efficient repairs to ensure your water heater is functioning at optimal capacity, providing hot water when you need it.
Contact Black Diamond to schedule water heater repair if you notice these issues with your system:
- Your water heater isn’t producing enough or any hot water.
- The system is making unusual noises, such as banging or hissing.
- Water is pooling around your water heater.
- The water from your taps is discolored or has a metallic taste.
When To Repair vs. Replace Your Water Heater
If your water heater is over eight years old and you’re starting to notice problems, it might be time to choose between repairing or replacing it. The age of the system can often indicate how costly repairs will become.
Our team has all the professional plumbing expertise to accurately assess what’s best for you, whether repairing existing issues with your current unit or replacing it. We’ll discuss factors like energy bills, cost, and frequency of repairs to help you select the best water heater solution for your home.
Common Water Heater Problems
With the average household requiring up to 63 gallons of hot water daily, it’s important to ensure that your water heater is functioning at peak performance for optimal comfort and convenience. If your water heater isn’t operating correctly, it could be due to one of these common problems:
- Cold water: A lack of hot water could be due to a faulty heating element, a damaged thermostat, or a lack of electricity.
- Insufficient hot water: If your water heater is too small or has a failing thermostat or heating element, your hot water will run out quickly.
- Leaks: Water heater leaks can result from a faulty T&P valve, loose heating element bolts, damaged gaskets, or corrosion in the tank.
- Discolored water: If the water coming from your tap is discolored, it may be due to sediment buildup or corrosion in the water heater tank.
Our Water Heater Services
We service and install a variety of water heaters, including tankless, gas, propane, electric, and hybrid models selected for their durability, dependability, ease of maintenance, and energy efficiency.
Partner with our team when you need:
- Water heater repair: No issue is too small or complex for our McHenry plumbers to resolve.
- Water heater maintenance: Routine care is essential to the overall health of your water heater. Schedule annual maintenance to optimize your water heater’s performance and reliability.
- Water heater installation: Our installations take just a few hours. We start by draining, disconnecting, and removing your old unit, positioning the new water heater, and connecting all required components before thoroughly testing the system to guarantee optimal and dependable performance.
- Water heater replacement: Our experts will help you determine the best water heater model for your specific needs and budget.
Why Choose Us?
Since 1999, Black Diamond has been a leading plumbing company in the Chicagoland area. We take pride in delivering exceptional service, day or night. Apart from our emergency services, we offer flexible weekday scheduling and work on Saturdays to accommodate busy households. Our phones are always answered by our staff, not machines or answering services, and we’ll promptly send a plumber to resolve any plumbing problems.
We also offer:
- Flat-rate pricing
- No hidden fees or surprise charges
- Courteous, professional technicians
- And more
How long does it take to install a water heater?
It depends on your home, type of water heater, and general scope of work. However, if you’re going from a traditional water heater to tankless, you can count on your technician being there for six to eight hours. Traditional water heaters take around three to four hours.
Can a leaky water heater be repaired?
As a rule, if the unit is past any warranty date, consider replacement and get a new warranty.
Please fill out the form and we will get in touch with you shortly. We look forward to serving you!
Proudly ServingThe Chicagoland Area
Addison | Algonquin | Antioch | Arlington Heights | Aurora | Barrington | Bartlett | Batavia | Beloit | Belvidere | Bensenville | Bloomingdale | Bolingbrook | Buffalo Grove | Byron | Caledonia | Capron | Carol Stream | And Much More!VIew ALL