At Black Diamond Plumbing & Mechanical, we believe training is essential to providing quality customer service to customers in Crystal Lake, IL, and the surrounding communities. We demonstrate our commitment to education in two ways:
- Utilizing a hands-on training facility
- Hiring certified technicians
On-Site Training Facility
Our commitment to education is evident in our on-site training facility, where our technicians learn the fundamentals of HVAC, plumbing, electric and sewer services. Our techs also study other areas relevant to their field including:
- Building codes
- Recent technology
- Latest installation and repair techniques
In addition to classroom instruction, our technicians have a chance to hone their skills with realistic, hands-on training. Our training facility includes a two-story home replica that provides working examples of what technicians will face in the field. Hands-on training is how we ensure that you work with an experienced expert every time.
Industry certification is one way to gauge technicians’ level of training and expertise. Our technicians at Black Diamond Plumbing & Mechanical demonstrate their expertise by meeting the rigorous standards of excellence set by their respective industries:
- Heating and cooling — North American Technician Excellence
- Plumbing — Illinois Plumbing Consultants; minimum of 4 hours of yearly training to maintain a valid plumbing license
- Duct cleaning — National Air Duct Cleaners Association; continuing education required to maintain status
- Electrical — Company-required licensing and factory training through Honeywell
Going Above and Beyond
Our HVAC and Plumbing contractors are professionals who respect your property and your time. Our technicians wear booties to protect flooring from dirt and grime and prevent scuffing. We also have on hand drop cloths to protect your flooring and appliances. We maintain a safe work area and will do whatever is necessary to minimize disruption to our customers.