Chicago’s Most Trusted Plumbing Company
Many homeowners are unaware that they are responsible for maintaining the sewer lines that run out to the main connection at the street. In many instances these pipes can fail due to settling, age, corrosion and invasive tree roots. To repair existing pipes and prevent future failures, Black Diamond Plumbing and Mechanical provides comprehensive sewer repair services to customers in Barrington, Crystal Lake and the surrounding communities.
The Source of the Problem
Clogged sewer lines are usually caused by the infiltration of tree roots. The warmer air inside the pipe condenses into water vapor, which escapes into the adjacent soil. This action stimulates shrubs and trees, which seek out tiny cracks and loose joints in the pipe. Removing the obstruction and clearing the line is only a temporary solution. Unless the crack is repaired or the connection sealed, the issue will likely recur. A piping clog is usually identified by slow drainage and a distinctive gurgling sound in the toilet.
At Black Diamond, we provide comprehensive sewer repair, maintenance and installation services including:
- Power Rodding: This process involves using an electronically powered machine that employs a set of heavy duty cables. Sharp precision blades are turned rapidly in either direction to cut through the root network or blockage. Power rodding clears the drain path, so the interior of the pipe can be thoroughly examined.
- Hydro Jetting: For clogs that primarily consist of oil, sludge, grease or other highly viscous substances, hydro jetting is the preferred solution. Specially designed high-pressure equipment can remove the blockage and restore the line to almost new condition.
- Video Inspection: Our service techs use advanced video equipment to look inside the pipe to locate the specific source of the obstruction and identify other potential issues. A video inspection saves time and helps lower repair costs by taking the guesswork out of the estimating process.
- Preventative Maintenance Agreements: A maintenance agreement is designed to keep your sewer system operating at peak efficiency through many years of reliable service. Our plumbing techs visit your home or office on a periodic basis to conduct a variety of tests and inspections designed to discover minor problems before they affect the performance of the piping network.
Specializing in Sewer Line Repair
Black Diamond specializes in repairing, replacing and installing sewer lines. This can fix numerous problems including:
- Cracked, offset, broken, or collapsed pipes
- Major Blockages
- Corroded or Bellied Pipes
- Leaking Joints / Broken Seals
- Roots Growing into Sewer Lines
- Off-Grade / Substandard Pipes
Our technicians and plumbers are trained to use top-of-the-line tools and tech to resolve your plumbing problems:
Traditional and Trenchless Repair
Depending on the situation, we can do our repairs using either the traditional repair method (which require trenches and backhoes) or the trenchless sewer line repair method (this keeps your yard / driveway / parking lot etc. from being destroyed and has lower environmental impact).
In cases where pipe bursting has occurred, we use small access holes and hydraulic equipment to remove and replace the busted pipe without ripping up your yard.
Pipe relining involves placing another pipe within a damaged pipe to reinstate its functionality. It’s commonly used to fix pipes that have been damaged by roots, to seal up cracks and holes, to fill in missing connections, and more.
Your Full-Service Contractor
For customers in greater McHenry County and the surrounding area, Black Diamond Plumbing and Mechanical is the only source you will ever need for sewer repair, maintenance and installation services. Black Diamond offers flat rate pricing for all of its services. Our technician will review all charges with you before any work begins, so there are no surprises when the charges are presented. When you call, you’ll speak with a real person, not an answering machine. We’re here for you 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and respond quickly to all emergencies.