Heat pumps are reliable and efficient options to both heat and cool a home, and many homeowners in Crystal Lake are choosing these units to keep their homes comfortable. When they run as they should, they are an effective home comfort option. However, like all mechanical systems, heat pumps can run into problems from time to time, and when they do, you need a company you can trust for repair.
Black Diamond Plumbing & Mechanical has been serving the greater Crystal Lake area with heat pump repair services since 1999. No matter what problem you may be having, we can get to the bottom of it and provide a workable solution to get it up and running quickly.
If your heat pump is having trouble, call Black Diamond at (866) 350-4793 or contact us online to schedule an appointment for service.
Signs Your Heat Pump Needs Repairs
Like most home comfort systems, heat pumps will serve you best if you tackle problems early. If left unattended, your unit could require bigger, more expensive repairs down the road. This means you need to know what signs to look for that indicate you have an issue. Some common signs that you may need heat pump repair include:
- Reduced output – If the airflow coming from your unit drops, you may be experiencing a problem with the air handler. A clogged air filter can decrease airflow.
- Strange noises from the system – These units should remain relatively quiet, so as soon as you hear loud noises coming from your heat pump, typically grinding or clicking, you should call in a technician.
- Air that is too hot or too cold – If your unit suddenly produces air that is hotter or colder than it normally does, you have a problem. Schedule repair immediately.
- Ice on the heat pump – This either indicates that the coil is dirty or that the heat pump has lost refrigerant. Regardless, both situations will cause the coil to ice. Simply scraping off the ice won’t solve the problem; we recommend scheduling professional repair services.
- Unusual leaks – These leaks can end up causing bigger problems if left unattended. Have the unit looked at as soon as you notice any kind of leak.
- The system refusing to change modes – If your heat pump refuses to cool or heat at any time, you may have a problem with the reversing valve. Our technicians are trained to fix that.
If you are noticing these signs, or any other unusual behavior from your unit, contact Black Diamond right away. Our experienced technicians will quickly diagnose and repair the problem so you are able to enjoy a comfortably heated or cooled home.
Schedule Heat Pump Repair in the Crystal Lake Area with Black Diamond
At Black Diamond, everything we do is about you, our client. We are a locally owned business, which means we work for our neighbors. Keeping you happy, comfortable, and safe is our ultimate priority.
When you call for heat pump repair, we respond quickly, and we always work hard to exceed your expectations. We are here for you 24/7, so you never have to suffer from an uncomfortable night because your heat pump quit working. Whether it’s midnight on the hottest night of the year or early Christmas morning, if you have a heat pump problem, our technicians will rise to the challenge.
To schedule heat pump repair in McHenry, Crystal Lake, or a surrounding area, give us a call today at (866) 350-4793 or contact us online!