Serving Crystal Lake & the Surrounding Areas
Are you prepared in case you lose power? If you experience a power outage that extends over several days, you’re at risk of losing the food in your fridge and dealing with days of inconvenience. A generator can provide temporary power until yours is restored and can save you from dealing with days without electricity.
Though generators are built to last, they’re still susceptible to problems. If you run into problems with your generator, the electricians at Black Diamond Plumbing & Mechanical are the ones to call. Our team will ensure that your generator is repaired properly and you’re prepared for the next power outage.
To schedule generator repair in Chicago or a surrounding area, give us a call today at (866) 350-4793 or contact us online!
Signs You Need Generator Repair
Though sometimes, it will be obvious that your generator is in need of repair, it may not always be clear how severe the problem is. If you’re experiencing any of the problems listed below, or anything else out of the ordinary with your generator, call Black Diamond and schedule a repair.
- Damaged electrical components – If the buttons, wires, or other components on your generator look worn or damaged, you most likely need to have it repaired. During wet weather, these things can only worsen and eventually lead to a loss of power.
- Puddles formed from leaks – An older generator is more likely to leak than a younger unit. You could experience an oil leak, fuel leak, or coolant leak. These can occur almost anywhere, so be sure to inspect your entire generator for any puddles that have formed on the ground around it. If you do find a leak, call Black Diamond and avoid touching it — any substance leaking could be hazardous.
- Slow startup time – Your generator should start up relatively quickly. If it takes longer than usual, you should schedule generator repair. Its battery may be drained if it has experienced long periods of inactivity.
- Physical damage – If you notice physical damage upon inspecting your generator, such as frayed wires, dents, or cracks, your generator needs to be repaired. Though a small dent on the outside may not seem like a huge problem, it may have affected the internal wiring. Even minor damages on the outside could affect your generator’s performance.
If you notice any of the above problems with your generator or experience any other issues, give Black Diamond a call at (866) 350-4793.
Generator Preventive Maintenance
Preventive maintenance of your generator systems is essential for ensuring reliable performance. We recommend adhering to all manufacturer recommendations regarding maintenance, including regular performance of the following tasks:
- Flush the cooling system
- Change the oil
- Change oil filters, fuel filters, and air filters
- Inspect and test the transfer switch
- Inspect and change spark plugs
- Inspect and test wiring and other electrical components
We are happy to help perform preventative maintenance on your generator system. Contact Black Diamond at (866) 350-4793 to schedule a preventative maintenance appointment in Crystal Lake and McHenry, Illinois.
Schedule Generator Repair in Crystal Lake, IL Today
The electrical experts at Black Diamond Plumbing & Mechanical can properly diagnose the problem with your generator and are trained to handle any problem you may be experiencing. Throughout the process, you’ll receive the same high-quality customer service and attentiveness you have come to expect from our team.
If you’re in need of generator repair in Chicago, IL, or a surrounding area, give us a call at (866) 350-4793 or contact us online now!
Frequently Asked Questions About Generator Repair & Maintenance
How often should I service my generator?
How often should I switch on my generator?
Can you refuel a generator that's running?
How long can I safely operate my generator?
Can I repair my generator myself?
Contact Black Diamond at (866) 350-4793 to learn more about our generator maintenance and repair services in Crystal Lake and McHenry, Illinois. It’s our pleasure to answer your questions and schedule a service appointment to inspect your home’s generator systems.